Ensure a beautiful garden and lawn this spring/summer with this checklist from the experts at Parkview!
- Plant the rest of your garden starting in mid-May
- Fertilize all of your vegetables with our Espoma Garden Food, the perfect formulation for all veggies.
- Plant after the last chance of freeze which is usually mid-May.
- We have several ways to properly fertilize your annuals. Using Fertilome Blooming and Rooting and Fertilome Geranium, Hanging Baske and Pansy fertilizer in conjunction with each other are a great way to give your plants proper nutrition. We also like Fertilome Nutri Cote and Fertilome Start and Grow for those who like to fertilize once or twice a season!
- Late May/ Early June is the next time you should be fertilizing your lawn. We prefer using Fertilome Weed Free Zone which will also take care of broadleaf weeds at this application (the best time to kill broadleaf perennial weeds is the fall). If you are not having to deal with weed control use Fertilome Classic Lawn Food.
- Mow your lawn to a height of around 2.5 to 3” going on the higher side as temperatures increase.
- Your lawn should be receiving 1-1 ½” of water a week, so water your lawn as needed throughout the week as needed, deeper watering is better than watering daily.
Trees, shrubs and perennials
- As the soils warm up it is a great time to be planting. See our sales associates with questions on proper planting techniques and plant selections to suit your situation.